You want to know what's crazy? Me and my year. Or is that "My year and I"? Whatever.
I've had a certifiably insane year. So much so that it's time for a list:
Crazy Things That Have Happened to Me:
1) I sold a book.
2) I got a really cool editor (because I have a really cool agent who knew how to sell it).
3) I took awesome trips to New York, Michigan, and Iowa.
4) I finished LIFE IN BOOLEAN VARIABLES and started two other books of drastically different themes and tones. Maybe they'll have a race to see which finishes first?
5) I taught fourth grade for my second year after previously teaching fifth. I'm starting to feel the ground beneath my feet. I'm sure it will disappear again soon.
6) I ate a whole lot of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I'm serious. We're talking epic amounts. My wife is thoroughly grossed out.
7) I got ARCs of I AM DRUMS in the mail. Read about how that went here.
8) People are actually reading the ARCs and that is flat out insane to think about.
9) I worked really hard at being a good father. I failed most of the time, but remain proud of the times I succeeded.
10) I had the privilege of... wait, I kind of forgot what this one was going to be.
Anyway, that's my looking back post for 2014. It's not very organized. There are others out there that are much better, but it's honest and it's wonderful to me.
2015 is going to be insane. I'm thoroughly excited and worried, but I'll save that for another post when I have my wits about me.